Tonight for dinner we are having Greek Style Chicken Pitas
* 4 chicken breasts
* juice and rind on 1 lemon
* olive oil
* dried oregano
* one garlic clove, minced
* fresh tomatoes
* fresh lettuce
* red onion, thinly slices
* 4 pitas with pockets
* Tatziki - Mix together the following ingredients:
- Thick, Greek style yogurt, plain 1 container (500g)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh dill to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
*In a bowl mix together juice of lemon, rind of lemon, garlic clove, oregano, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and let marinade for no longer than 45 minutes. (if it marinades too long, the juice of the lemon will begin to cook it).
*Heat up grill (bar be cue works wonderfully well here) and add the chicken breasts - cook until done and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
* Cut up tomatoes, and lettuce.
* Cut chicken into this slices.
* Cut open your pita so the pocket is exposed. Spread tatziki on bottom, add the tomato slices, the lettuce slices, and the onion slices, and then, top with chicken slices. Close pocket, and enjoy!
Here is a tip for you: Garlic! instead of mincing with a knife, get yourself a micro grater and grate the garlic! sooo easy!!!!!!
Have a great day everyone, and happy cooking!