Great Cook Books I Cook (and live) by

  • Big Orange Book by Rachael Ray
  • Giada at Home
  • Jamie at Home
  • Look and Cook by Rachael Ray

Monday, November 9, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Caramel Topping

I hope you all had a GREAT week end! As I am writing this, I am making pan cakes for my son, and thinking of a topping my mom used to make for me and my brother before sending us off to school: Apple and Cinnamon topping:

Cut and core an apple, and then thinly slice. Place is a small sauce pan. Add brown sugar, butter, and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Add a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Let the ingredients simmer away in the pan until the juices from the apple render and mix in with the butter, and sugar. Mix with a spoon, and let it cook until browned. (the sugar will caramelize) and become "oozy". Soooo good!!!! Hope you try it and enjoy it:)

Happy Monday everyone!

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment