Great Cook Books I Cook (and live) by

  • Big Orange Book by Rachael Ray
  • Giada at Home
  • Jamie at Home
  • Look and Cook by Rachael Ray

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chicken pesto lasagna

Hello everyone! You probably noticed there was no post yesterday! I feel that I when I share recipes and food ideas with you, they should be GREAT! So, with your permission, I will blog when I have something fabulous to share with you. Which leads me to today's recipe! The other night I felt like eating chicken pesto pasta, but, when I opened the fridge, I saw lasagna noodles!!! So, meet my new chicken pesto lasagna!

Ingredient list:

*rotisserie chicken, de boned, shredded
* lasagna noodles, boiled (or you may use oven ready if you prefer)
* 500g. ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese
* pesto - you will need quite a bit, so, make lots! (or buy lots)
* olive oil
* salt and pepper
* shredded mozzarella
* besciamella sauce - in a sauce pan take 2 Tblsp butter, and when melted, add 2 Tblsp flour and whisk. Cook for 1 minute. Add about 2 cups of milk. Grate in some fresh nutmeg, salt and pepper. Once the milk comes to a boil, it will thicken. Once it is thickened, take off the heat and set aside.

Method.

Mix the pesto and ricotta in a bowl.

In a lasagna pan, which has been buttered, place a layer of lasagna noodles, and layer as follows: Noodles, then pesto and ricotta mixture, then chicken. With a tablespoon take some of the bescamella sauce and sprinkle it on top of the chicken. Then, begin with the noodles and layer again as above. When you get to the top, end with noodles. Then, pour the rest (whatever is left over) of the bescamella sauce on top, and sprinkle with first the parmiggiano cheese, then, the mozzarella cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake according to the directions on your noodles package!

It was really good - I hope you like it too:)


No comments:

Post a Comment