Great Cook Books I Cook (and live) by

  • Big Orange Book by Rachael Ray
  • Giada at Home
  • Jamie at Home
  • Look and Cook by Rachael Ray

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quick sun dried tomato pesto

Hi everyone! So, last night I was at a loss of what to have for supper! So, I grilled up some chicken, and then, made this great pesto out of herbs and things I had in the fridge, and just drizzled it on the chicken breasts, and it was soo good, so, I thought I would share it with you!
I don't really consider it a recipe, but, if you mix this pesto with some mayo and some sour cream, it makes a great dip! Otherwise, just a quick sauce for chicken, or pork, or even white fish!

Ingredients:

A large bunch of basil
A small jar of sun dried tomatoes in the olive oil (not the dried ones)
A handful of pine nuts
Romano cheese (a little nippier than parm and stands up to the sun dried tomatoes)
A clove of two of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil

Whir the whole thing in a food processor adding some of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes, and then, using the olive oil as you need it. If you are making this for a dip, omit the Extra virgin olive oil and just use the oil from the tomatoes. You may also add a little chopped up sun dried tomatoes, and chopped up black olives on top for a garnish!

Try it - it is soo good!

Cheers to all!
Paula



In a food processor

No comments:

Post a Comment